Volly is an innovative, component-based, enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform, specializing in the mortgage and banking industry. Our platform seamlessly integrates marketing and customer engagement strategies with robust lending technologies. Our suite of solutions dynamically supports marketing automation, CRM, point of sale, portfolio retention, and digital & direct-mail marketing management.
Volly is looking for a Lead Engineer. This position may be located Boston MA, Newark DE, Kansas City MO – remote work possible based on previous successful experience working remotely. This position will report to the SVP, Engineering.
Volly is seeking a dynamic individual to fill our Agile Scrum Master role. In this position, you will report to the SVP of Engineering to help build and implement solid software development processes while supporting both the Engineering and Product teams. The right candidate will be well versed in agile methodologies, have a passion for working collaboratively and building consensus among critical stakeholders. The right individual will work well across both the product and technology teams and must be a self-starter.
This position may be located in any one of our offices in Denver, CO; Newark, DE; Kansas City, MO; Woburn, MA, offices or work remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use your expertise with Atlassian’s Jira Project Management software to help Scrum teams organize work on a daily basis.
- Supports and facilitates multiple Scrum Teams by fostering Agile values and practices as well as coaching development teams on execution of Scrum.
- Organizes and facilitates ceremonies, identifies improvement opportunities to optimize velocity and quality while mitigating risk. Tracks and communicates the overall team progress providing visibility to stakeholders.
- Serves as a filter to remove impediments to progress as identified by the team. Protects the team from outside influences to ensure the team remains focused on Scrum Team priorities.
- Partners with the Product Owner to ensure the backlog items are prioritized based on business value and ready for the team.
- Partners with Product Owner to ensure epics, stories, and sub-stories (tasks, features, defects) are properly organized and articulated in Jira.
- Assists in creation of business requirements documentation and/ or technical documentation
- Analyzes, defines, or revises existing documentation based on client requirements and existing systems limitations.
- Participates in identifying and evaluating solutions that meet business requirements.
- Aids in monitoring of client experiences and feedback on the usage of Volly technology solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledgeable with managing Atlassian’s products to document and manage Agile process
- Manages Risk – effectively manages risk associated with their business objectives and activities
- Customer/ User Experience Focus – actively aligns a user-first approach and customer-centric values in creating solutions
- Agile Development – ability to utilize and teach formal Agile methodologies, practices, and techniques for the delivery of software applications
- Planning and Facilitation – plans time and resources while motivating teams to act and collaborate to achieve their goals
- IT Project Management – ability to plan, organize, and control IT projects and technical resources to meet project objective(s)
- Technical Writing/ Requirements Analysis – Ability to write document-based and online/ in-system technical resources, guidelines, standards, processes, applications, or procedures
- Business Assessment, Workflow, and Process Modeling – Ability to assess benefits and risks of potential applications as well as ability to document current and future state business or technical processes, problems, and solutions
- Typically requires a university/ college degree in a business or technical field with 3+ years of related experience. Certifications are desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience including military service may be considered.
- Certified Scrum Master, Project Management Professional, and/ or Certified Business Analysis Professional certification(s) preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Volly offers a full range of benefits to all full-time employees including medical (including Telehealth and Wellness), dental, vision, HRA, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D as well as optional life and AD&D, Travel Assistance and EAP. In addition, Volly offers a 401K Retirement plan and Domestic Partner Coverage as well as a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program and 10 paid holidays and 2 Floating Holidays per year.