Volly is a mortgage and banking industry innovative component-based enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that seamlessly integrates marketing and customer engagement strategies with robust lending technologies. Expansive solutions and integrations dynamically support marketing automation, CRM, point of sale, portfolio retention, and digital & direct-mail marketing management.
Volly is looking for an AWS DevOps Engineer. This position may be located Kansas City MO – remote work possible based on previous successful experience working remotely. This position will report to the VP, Information Security and Technology.
The AWS DevOps engineer will work directly with the VP, Information Security and technology and Software Engineers to identify and establish DevOps practices within the company. This engineer will build scalable, secure and efficient cloud infrastructure through automation, implement and maintain our CI pipeline, and train and guide the organization in DevOps practices.
The right candidate must work well across multiple teams of differing technical abilities and focus to drive and evolve the organization’s product offerings. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a large scope of responsibility and be capable of building consensus and driving decisions with limited supervision.
This position may be located Kansas City MO – remote work possible based on previous successful experience working remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Continuously manage configuration of all existing AWS environments
- Maintain the configuration, identifying dependencies and potential conflicts for each environment
- Architect and implement new AWS environments to support new products and services
- Work directly with software engineers to re-architect existing applications to more effectively leverage cloud technologies, including designs that leverage containerization/microservices
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of the CI Pipeline
- Manage technology and process evolutions from manual processes to automated orchestration through infrastructure as code
- Optimize AWS architectures for scalability, cost optimization and security
- Implement new security standards, monitoring, processes and automation to ensure application and environment security across all AWS environments
- Design and implement monitoring tools and develop actionable and proactive metrics to support production support and future architecture efforts
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience working in AWS
- Preferred experience: EC2, S3, RDS, Route53, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, IAM, API Gateway, ECS, Lambda, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, KMS
- Strong Linux System Administration background
- Experience managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Experience working with Configuration Management tools, such as Puppet or Chef, is preferred
- Strong scripting skills (Powershell, Bash and Python preferred)
- Understanding of common network protocols and services
- Ability to present architecture in a visual form
- Skill to effectively analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Volly offers a full range of benefits to all full-time employees including medical (including Telehealth and Wellness), dental, vision, HRA, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D as well as optional life and AD&D, Travel Assistance and EAP. In addition, Volly offers a 401K Retirement plan and Domestic Partner Coverage as well as a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program and 10 paid holidays and 2 Floating Holidays per year.