Volly is a mortgage and banking industry innovative component-based enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that seamlessly integrates marketing and customer engagement strategies with robust lending technologies. Expansive solutions and integrations dynamically support marketing automation, CRM, point of sale, portfolio retention, and digital & direct-mail marketing management.
Volly is looking for a Lead Engineer. This position may be located Boston MA, Newark DE, Kansas City MO – remote work possible based on previous successful experience working remotely. This position will report to the SVP, Engineering.
The Lead Engineer will work with the VP of Engineering and Product Managers to provide technology leadership and direction within SCRUM teams. In this role, the right candidate will design and write software to enable the business for growth based on internal and external business requirements. Working in an Agile environment, the candidate will deliver quality software through code reviews, participating and leading software design sessions, and working with business leaders to ensure software is built to product specifications.
The right candidate must display strong leadership skills, work well in a team environment, have experience leading Software Engineers in a fast-paced organization and enjoy building consensus. Candidate must be extremely detailed oriented, technically proficient, and enjoy handling a large workload while maintaining the highest quality standards for the organization.
This position may be located in any one of our offices in Denver, CO; Newark, DE; Kansas City, MO; Woburn, MA, offices or work remotely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to Jr. and Mid-level software engineers
- Work with Technology leadership team to design software based on business requirements
- Write code in several programming and scripting languages
- Work within Amazon AWS Web Services where applicable
- Troubleshoot and fix software issues as necessary
- Provide technical support to Business leaders and quality assurance team
- Provide documentation for software solutions as necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years working in a Sr. Level Software Engineering role
- 10+ years working within a software engineering team in various roles
- 5+ PHP development is a must
- js, Node.js, strong knowledge of SQL/RDBMS (postgres, mysql, sql server), GIT
- Should be comfortable working in Linux and Windows environments
- Familiarity with AWS Services
- 5+ years Agile Scrum Development methodologies
- Strong business acumen and communication skills.
- Experience working with Product Managers/Owners and building consensus within a team environment
- Strong interested in mobile development – React native, android/iOS, Java, Objective C
- Familiarity with getting applications into apple and play store
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Volly offers a full range of benefits to all full-time employees including medical (including Telehealth and Wellness), dental, vision, HRA, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D as well as optional life and AD&D, Travel Assistance and EAP. In addition, Volly offers a 401K Retirement plan and Domestic Partner Coverage as well as a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program and 10 paid holidays and 2 Floating Holidays per year.