Volly is a mortgage and banking industry innovative component-based enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform that seamlessly integrates marketing and customer engagement strategies with robust lending technologies. Expansive solutions and integrations dynamically support marketing automation, CRM, point of sale, portfolio retention, and digital & direct-mail marketing management.
The QA Engineer will provide software quality assurance engineering and analyst services to advance the capabilities of our software solution. Generate and execute test procedures on web and mobile applications. Modify and execute manual and automated software test plans. Analyze test results to validate existing functionality and recommend corrective action. Isolate, reproduce and track bugs and verify fixes. Work with development team to identify areas of opportunity for testing automation.
Candidate must be extremely detailed oriented, technically proficient, possess excellent writing skills, and enjoy handling a large workload while maintaining the highest quality standards for the organization.
Kansas City, MO, Boston, MA, Newark, DE or various other Volly locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the expansion of our automated testing capabilities and coverage
- Instill QA best practices on your scrum team by leading manual test case development, execution and tracking
- Ability to write tests from abstract requirements
- Provide feedback on product performance and user experience
- Participate in all aspects of the Agile SDLC; providing constructive feedback during grooming, retrospectives, planning sessions; periodically demonstrating new functionality to internal stakeholders, as well as members of other scrum teams
Experience and Skills
- 3-5 years of Software Quality Assurance experience, ideally with a focus in Financial Technology or related domain
- Experience working in a successful Agile environment using Agile SDLC tools such as Jira and Bitbucket
- Experience with Selenium
- Experience with web service and API testing
- Performance testing experience, JMeter a plus
- Microsoft SQL Server experience, you should be able to retrieve and manipulate data
- Demonstrated ability to operate on a small team in a fast-paced environment with the ability to change directions as priorities shift
- Positive attitude with a strong desire to learn, grow professionally and have a positive impact on the company, its culture and its products
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve and explain issues affecting application
- Understand the deployment and maintenance of an N-Tier application in either manual or automated fashion
- Experience testing with soapUI and Postman
- Integration testing; inbound file processing, outbound file creation, API testing, configuration testing
- Experience with Mortgage industry software products is a plus
- Work across teams and disciplines to find an equitable solution to problems that arise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
Benefits and Compensation
- Volly offers a competitive salary
- Volly offers a full range of benefits to all full-time employees including medical (including Telehealth and Wellness), dental, vision, HRA, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D as well as optional life and AD&D, Travel Assistance and EAP. In addition, Volly offers a 401K Retirement plan and Domestic Partner Coverage as well as a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) program and 10 paid holidays and 2 Floating Holidays per year.